Monday, February 28, 2011

This really is kind of the opposite of bluntness

But it's fun. Metaphors are always fun! Deal with it =P

The Honest One


I fall at thy’s feet,
Defeated of a battle
Between myself; not knowing
Where to stand at such a dispute.
My head is bowed with
Ushered tears,
Falling because of captivity,
Releasing emotions unknown to thee.
My hair has lost its purity
For it lays lank…straight…silent.
I wish not to look up,
As if keeping my figure down
Will bore the owner of my truth.
But yet again I fail
For he stays silent as stars,
Stands great as gods,
And yet I cannot defeat his power.
Its spell has kept me in place--
I can feel the power on my shoulders;
The weight will never lift again,
For it will never have to

I find my truth; and I absorb it
So that I can face this mystery head on.
I can lift my head to see his face,
And I can stand
From my bowed position.
Crystal eyes meet brown eyes.
Warrior of truth
Meets warrior of impulse.
Who has truly won the battle?
I find that the battle
Is not a winning game,
So as I look
Into those brown eyes so deep,
I look into my heart...mind...soul,
And I find that
The impulse let out the truth.
The battle might be discontinued,
But OUR score has been settled.
For I, the warrior of truth,
Have become the honest one.

I’m in love
With the one who is
Silent as stars and
Stands great as gods.
The one who took my power
With his giant brown eyes:
The warrior of impulse.
His greatness is blinding,
Yet he charmed me so.
He kept me guessing
In surprises most of the time,
And with just one look
I see the truth in the impulse,
And it made me crash
For such had never occurred.
So it was there
Where my battle begun,
But it is here
Where my war ends,
And my story
Gets a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment