Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Don't Let the MAN Get You Down

I have to say, there is one thing about women in society that I just do not get. 

I take that back, there are several things about women in society that I don't get, however today I am focusing on one. 

It's a big movement in tumblr posts to portray women as hard workers in the day outside of the home but the minute we get home, pants are off, bra is off, and we're strutting around letting our thighs jiggle and boobs hang loose without a literal single care in the world. 

Now I relate to this, but on a metaphorical sense. I don't literally take these things off and lounge around half naked in my apartment, though I do change into something more comfortable than dress pants and spend a good deal of time in my living room either reading or watching something. For someone who is very in control of her life and likes most things exactly my way, this relaxation time is my equivalent of letting it all hang loose. 

...except, I'm learning that this is not just a metaphoric portrayal. There is a following of women that let things hang loose in the literal manner! 

This continues to intrigue me. Mostly, the whole bra thing. It turns out that some of my friends spend more time throughout the day without a bra on than with one! While there's a part of me that's secretly cheering them on "yeah! Why should you let society dictate how you situate your tits?" ...but there's another part of me that's like " I think you're doing it wrong" 

Here's my thing: I love my bra. I spend as little time without a bra on as possible. I even sleep in bras most of the time. And if you know me, you know I have pretty sizeable boobs. I have the underwires, and the stays on the sides. Even when the bra is betraying me by poking my skin I still take the support over none every single time. 

I don't think wearing a bra everyday should be uncomfortable. I think if it is, you should probably go to a specialty store and pick out some new ones. I suppose if you're able to do you're job effectively and professionally without a bra then be there more power to you, I just wonder if it says more than your preference of undergarment (or lack thereof) maybe I'm thinking too metaphorically again but I think I believe that life is always going to have situations where you have to suck it up and put on a bra whether you want to or not. Is it easier for you to live life avoiding the bra as much as possible? Or should you embrace the bra, get used to it, and eventually see that maybe it wasn't as uncomfortable as you originally thought?

I very well could just be jealous of those who can pull off living life without a bra. Maybe there isn't a deeper meaning at all. But in case there is, perhaps the extra support isn't a bad thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment