Monday, June 22, 2015

And to Think I was Worried

June 3: Digital Content PD
June 4: EL Team Development PD
June 8: Multimedia PD
June 8-June 14: vacation in Florida
June 15-June 18: Project Based Learning PD
June 18-June 23: trip to Ohio
June 27: wedding to attend
July 6: CPR Recertification 
July 13: Tech Tools PD
July 14: Google in your Classroom PD
July 20: Technology Review PD
July 23-July 24: SIOP Book Study PD
July 27-July 28: Teacher Work Days
July 29: First Day for Students

I don't know about you, but for someone who has "the whole summer off" that looks pretty busy to me. On top of this I am creating four class curriculums, which totals to about 140 lessons. 

I mean, I don't have anyone in my life that truly thinks I don't deserve eight weeks without seeing students, but even though I tell them how busy I am, sometimes I feel like they don't actually get it. I mean, I don't know if anyone can get it without experiencing it. Because of top of that I have a YMCA membership that I'm trying to use every day I can, I'm trying to catch up on sleep to make those terrible dark circles under my eyes go away, I have a tan I'm trying to keep up (the sun makes me happy) and I have a social life I'm trying to enjoy, because once school starts again...all bets are off on all three of those things. 

It is amusing though because I legitimately was scared that I would have been too bored this summer doing next to nothing. Now I wonder if I overbooked myself! I know I am both lucky and blessed with the life I have been given, and I look forward to doing everything this summer, even if I become a tad bit sleep deprived :)

No comments:

Post a Comment