Sunday, January 29, 2012

Communication is Key

So, I wasn't going to post anything else until my sister's film thing closed, but that would mean I wouldn't blog for over a month.

And we all know that I can't have that!

And anyway, something is really on my mind and it needs to get out. I went home this past weekend for my sister's birthday, and it was not a pleasant experience.

I'm trying to think of the best way to talk about this because I know certain people who this is about read my blog, and I don't want to convey something incorrectly or hurt anyone.

On a hugely general scale, have you ever had two extremely close people, people who have been extremely close for a vast amount of time, be on two completely different planes? And I'm not just talking about ways of life, morals and views, politics and religion, or anything like that. I'm talking about on different planes in THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH OTHER. As in, one person thinks that everything is honky dory and the other one thinks the worst is right around the corner for the relationship.

That's what's going on. I have one person crying to me that things are falling apart and the end is near, but I have another person telling me that everything that was ever promised has no intentions of ever breaking. And it's confusing, because I feel like one side might be starting drama, but the other side might be shielding me from drama...and I'm not in a place with the two of them to sit them down and play counselor for an hour or two. They wouldn't listen to me even if I tried...might be insulted even.

It makes me wonder how they are in this situation in the first place...and here I am thinking MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT TALKING TO EACH OTHER ABOUT THIS!

Moral of the story: Talk to each other. No matter if it's a sister-sister, boyfriend-girlfriend, friend-friend, mother-son, or any type of relationship, make sure you communicate. Things happen, people make assumptions, and then words and inflection get twisted and you're in a hole that neither of you dug. Or meant to dig, you probably were just pacing so much to ran a hole into the ground!

Please, for my sake, for everyone's sake, talk to each other. If nothing else, find a plane to stand on together. For better or for worse, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment