Friday, January 17, 2014

Vive la France!

I have to start this out by saying that I am extremely happy with where I am right now. I have two fantastic jobs that I absolutely love. I'm an assistant manager at the movie theater where I've been for the past four years, and I'm a facilitator for English Language Learners...using both my degree and my licenses...I really could not ask for that to be better right now. I'm getting new tastes of independence: I have my own car with my name on the title and my own insurance policy. I share an amazing apartment with my best friend and we seriously are getting exactly what we want from it. All relationships, family, friends, romantic, and otherwise are going well. I truly have nothing to complain about or want for more.

And it's not that I want for more. It's just...I got an e-mail from TAPIF (teacher assistantship program in France) saying that tomorrow is the deadline for the application to teach this year. And with all the commitments I have here I can't really apply. On one hand I'm not that attached to the idea but on the other I always liked having the option. You know, if teaching doesn't work out here I could just go to France. I liked having an escape plan. It's a little weird to think that now going to France would be the irresponsible thing to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment