Monday, March 25, 2013

MYO Chicken Taquitos

So today I decided to make my own lunch, and I saw some of the ingredients we had in the fridge, so I decided to make my own chicken taquitos. Here's everything I did:

You will need:
-2 flour tortillas
-1 cooked chicken breast (boneless, skinless) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
-shredded cheese (about 1 cup)
-crispy potatoes (about 1 cup)
-bacon crumbles (about 1/2 cup)
-2 T sour cream
-2 T salsa

Pre-steps: Make sure your chicken is cooked and seasoned however you like it. Mine personally was seasoned with season salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. I chose to use a Mexican blend shredded cheese. The crispy potatoes would be best to be home fries or cubed potatoes of sorts, I used french fries since that was all we had in the house. Make sure that they're cooked (ie: not cold/frozen) and crispy. I mixed my sour cream and my medium salsa to create one sauce, but that's just my own preference. Remember, this recipe makes two taquitos so don't pile all your ingredients onto one tortilla, because it won't fit.

1: start with your tortilla (no brainer, right?)

2: Spread your sauce

 3: 1/4 C cheese

 4: 1/2 chicken breast

5: 1/2 C potatoes

6: 1/4 C bacon crumbles

7: 1/4 C cheese

8: Fold corners. Make sure all ingredients are in center of tortilla. Fold in so that there are no openings.

9: Grill. Make sure you put a nonstick spray in your pan before you put the tortilla on, or else the tortilla will peel. Grill the side you folded that way it will seal shut. You also want to be on a medium heat that way your tortilla will grill but not burn and your cheese will melt and everything will get nice and warm inside. Keep an eye on it, it shouldn't take even five minutes.

10: Flip it and grill the other side. DO NOT FLIP IT MULTIPLE TIMES; once is fine :)
 
11: Enjoy!

The entire process shouldn't take very long, maybe 15 minutes. Like I said, this makes two and they definitely fill you up! Every single one of these ingredients is replaceable, so if you'd rather use guacamole or steak go right ahead! Make whatever you'll eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment