Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Letter

Dear [Best] Friend,

I know you don't understand our friendship. I know you don't understand why I make a big deal about talking or making a comment every time I see you. You probably think I'm some loony who makes you feel uncomfortable, although I certainly hope not. What I don't think you know is how much I love having you talk back with me, especially since you didn't used to. I love hearing what you have to say, answering your questions, and laughing with you. I love joking around with you. I just wish I could touch you. The fact that you hugged me before you left the first time made my heart flutter ten times over...I wished I could have hugged you today. Every time I saw you these past days...I could not stop smiling. Are you aware how you affect me? I want to drop everything for you. I want to run away with you. I know that if you were reading this and knew it was about you, you'd be blushing the deepest shade of red and couldn't look me in the eye.

I have a student that reminds me of you. I wanted to tell you this weekend but didn't know how to bring it up without sounding awkward (because none of this post is awkward at all...). I didn't realize he reminded me of you until I saw you were coming home and was able to feel the same emotion for both you and him. It makes me want to be twice as close to him in hopes that it somehow keeps me linked to you.

I know that we'll always have the friendship we currently have without it becoming more than what it already is. I am prepared for that. My fantasies only keep you close to me, in hopes that maybe one day we can get of work and actually say two words to each other.

If I could have any wish it would be for you to think fondly of me when you were away...and then do something about it when you return.

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment