Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Guys, I Figured It Out

Ok, so I'm not saying I play favorites as a teacher. I give all my students the same opportunities. But, there are obviously some students I relate to and get along with better than others. This is natural. I have a soft spot for one student in one of my classes. I could never pinpoint the trait or quality that gave me the soft spot for this student, I just really really wanted him to succeed and understand my lessons. 

Just now, as in less than five minutes ago, I realized how much this student reminds me of my BEST FRIEND from work. Legitimately. I just found out best friend was coming home from college to work this week of fall break, and the emotions that came out were exactly the same ones for my student, and all of a sudden it clicked. 

This just shows how much I missed my best friend. He needs to come home more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment