Sunday, January 13, 2013

Last Blog of the Night, Promise

I wanted to add another New Year's Resolution while it was still fresh in my head:

-Floss more.

I have immaculate teeth. They weren't always this way, but after growing up, getting braces, and realizing how desperately I feel the need to keep my mouth clean, they stay pretty well kept. Never had a cavity, still have all of my wisdom teeth, I've had both dentists and orthodontists say how much they love my mouth. I've never been at risk of gingivitis, tooth decay, or any of that not fun stuff. However, Every visit without fail, under my permanent retainer on my bottom teeth, there is always plaque build-up. Well I went to the dentist on January 3rd and ever since I've found this new self-motivation to try and not have that build up at my visit in 6 months.

Currently, I brush my teeth at least two times a day, sometimes three or four (really depends on what I'm eating that day lol). Ever since I got back to school, I have also been flossing once a day, specifically right after I brush before bed. I have a handheld flosser as well as regular dental floss to use for under my retainer. I actually have been doing it nightly, go figure! I'd love to see this resolution go all the way through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment