Friday, January 11, 2013

Tis the Giving Season

And boy have I been given a bunch! I feel so honored and blessed to be in a school system where they give their student teachers as many tools as possible to help them succeed. I have been given the following:

-A desk of my own in my supervising teacher's classroom
-A filing cabinet of my own
-Two copies of all the textbooks and workbooks I'll be using in the French classroom: one for home and one for class
-My own username and password on the school network
-My own e-mail on the school network
-Access to the school's WiFi on my laptop
-My own key to my supervising teacher's classroom
-A parking permit for the teacher parking lot
-The SMARTBoard Notebook software for Mac on my laptop
-Three prep periods

And yes, I was given these. I did not have to pay a cent for any of it. It's crazy amazing!

When I had first been accepted into student teaching here, they were talking about me spending the three classes that my teacher does not teach French, I would be in an English classroom to get experience in my two other certification areas. However, when my university supervisor came to meet with my supervising teacher and me, she said that since I was teaching four different years I could use the three periods as prep periods. I am so absolutely blessed! I realize that when I become a teacher I will not have such opportunities, but the fact that I am being completely accommodated is amazing. This is reaffirming my desire to be a teacher and I think this is a great transition to having my own classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment