Thursday, April 17, 2014

Let's Embarrass Emma!

For some reason I feel like this is a good idea..

I wanted to do a post where you could get to know me better, but I feel like whenever I do I just say the same things over and over again. I've recently read the Divergent series and if you choose the Candor faction, their initiation final test is giving you truth serum and making you reveal your most personal information, thinking that if you've revealed it all, including the bad, then you'll see no reason to ever be dishonest.

Now, I consider myself a honest person. With that being said, I'm probably more socially honest than implicitly honest. By that, I mean I know what details to say and hold back, what people want to hear as far as social comments and cues, and when to hold back my true opinion when someone is just fishing for something.

Although now I'm sitting here and that makes me sound like I'm dishonest. Honestly, that's just me stating what everyone does. We all know how to convey that we're listening when we're not, we all know how to encourage someone to continue a story when we don't care, and we all know how to make a friend feel good without telling a blatant lie.

I'm not sure if that's helping my case..

Oh well, in my free spirited moment, I've found some questions that I think would just make good stories, even if they embarrass me, that I just feel like sharing.

1. What is the most embarrassing break up you ever had? When I was in 7th grade my best friend at the time asked out for me the guy I had a crush on. During passing period, he told me he'd go out with me. He went to social studies and I went to math, telling all my friends that he and I were going out. The next passing period, he said he didn't think he could do it, it would mess up our friendship, blah blah blah. That was NOT fun explaining to my friends. 

2. When have you been fired from a job? I have only been fired from one job, and it was the job that my roommate's mom got me in a warehouse as a pallet builder. Since it was through a temp agency, I was on a two-week test period. Apparently, I failed the test, because after two weeks I got a call telling me not to come back. I had just sent my roommate's mom a thank you card the day before, too. 

3. What celebrity do you have a crush on? I have had a crush on Ashton Kutcher for as long as I can remember. There was a time where I would watch a movie ONLY because he was in it. 

4. When you are trying to impress people what personality trait do you hide? I'm actually pretty cocky. While I like to think that I just have awesome self-esteem, I know it comes off as being cocky sometimes. I struggle finding the line between being impressive and bragging too much. 

5. What things are you shallow about? I know I'm going to sound extremely shallow when I say these. I'm pretty bad at judging people, and I will judge them if they don't have their life figured out. I'll judge you if you didn't finish college and are still working a crappy job. I'm also really shallow about being superior. Like, I feel those who have caved to substance use like smoking (legal or otherwise) I think I'm better than them because I've legitimately never tried anything or had ANY desire TO try anything. Ah well, some people need to try the forbidden fruit I suppose.

6. What music are you embarrassed about listening to? I don't listen to them so much anymore but I used to really like Nickelback, I've even seen them in concert. I still listen to a lot of teeny-pop where I know it's 80% autotune but it still sounds good...

7. What is your guilty pleasure? Anything with cookie dough in it. And diet coke. And fast food. SO MUCH GUILT.

8. What fears keep you up at night? I haven't had any paralyzing fears that keep me up, but guilt and anxiety have kept me up before, and it was such an interesting experience because when I realized that I couldn't sleep I realized it was because my heart was racing and my mind was in a negative place. I remember this happening the day before my student teaching orientation, because I was convinced they were going to see my name and tell me that I was not eligible for student teaching and make me leave. I had already been accepted into the program so it was not rational for me to think that, but it legitimately kept me up really late that night. 

9. When have you lost your dignity? I always feel like I look like an idiot whenever I fall down. Whether I've tripped, slipped, or been pushed, there's a part of me that feels like I look like the stupidest person in the world when I fall. So, whenever it happens, I have a tendency not to move in hopes that people will just go about their lives, but invariably it just draws MORE attention, making me blush like all get out. With that in mind, there was a time in 6th grade where my friends Denise and Kevin were "dating" (the only way 6th graders can) and I was telling Denise how Kevin and I used to date and she went up to him and said "You never told me you and Emma used to date" and he replied with "yeah...in preschool". Which was true (ish...it was kindergarten), but I was not expecting her to ask AND him to reply! I'm not sure if I've turned a deeper shade of red...

10. What talent do you have that is embarrassing to share? It really depends on who I'm sharing with. My roommate and I talk about our facebook stalking escapades but I wouldn't talk about that with my mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment