Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What Wouldn't Happen Without Social Networking

This is what I tweeted:

EmmaLouBelle (Emma Dennis): just bought the new @WeTheKings single! #FridayIsForever is FANTASTIC! =)


And this is what I got about five hours later:

WeTheKings (We The Kings): @EmmaLouBelle thanks for pickin it up! #fridayisforever



...Let's start at the beginning, shall we?



This is We The Kings. They are an alternative band that I got into the last semester of my senior year of high school. Basically, I listened to Skyway Avenue once and completely and absolutely fell in love. Now, I own every song of theirs and absolutely love their music!

Well on Twitter they were advertising their new single that was just released today. Since I got iTunes money for my birthday, I decided to buy it and definitely enjoyed it. Since I follow them on Twitter, I decided to just mention them and say how much I did enjoy it. And--to my luck--they decided to reply back to me to say thanks!

Without social networking, I probably wouldn't have known that their single came out today, and I probably wouldn't have contacted them to tell them I liked it and they probably wouldn't have thanked me for purchasing the song. Social Networking is bridging the gap of approachability as well as convenience, speed, and contact.

And as long as I'm reaping the benefits of it...I'm not complaining that I talk more to my best friends online than I do in person! =P




If you're interested in their song, click the link!

Friday is Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment