Sunday, April 8, 2012

Birthday Reflections

I love my life.

If you've kept up with this blog, you've seen my montage of birthdays and how I've felt about them in the past. Ever since I've gotten to college I've enjoyed my birthdays thoroughly more than previously. Each year I say it's the best I've had, and that still holds true this year.

My 21st birthday was actually on Easter Sunday (this actually happened in 2007 as well) and we had a plan set from the very beginning. I was very specific on what I wanted for my birthday and from who; I wanted to make it an easy occasion where we all got together and celebrated. I wanted to get my nails done, but I also had to work and get my drivers license renewed. My parents also wanted to take me out at midnight Sunday morning while the bars were still open from Saturday and buy me my first drink (my mom has talked about wanted to do that for as long as I can remember). In the end once all our plans were drawn out...we were extremely tight on timing and it was going to be a jam-packed weekend.

However, it was definitely one of the best weekends I've ever had.

I ended up only being scheduled to work Saturday during the day, which ended up being a good thing since on the way back to Plainfield on Friday we were stuck in a traffic jam that delayed our return by 3.5 hours. Once we got home, we were able to relax, have some family time, and my brother, sister, and I went to go see the Hunger Games, which was absolutely amazing.

Saturday was the tightly fit day. We didn't get back from the movies until 1:00 am Saturday, and I had to be up at 7:00 am to start my day. The first thing we did was renew my license at the BMV, and then we went to the nail salon to get my nails done. Right after that we actually went to the Verizon store to upgrade our phones, so an added gift was upgrading to the iPhone 4S! I've been playing with it ever since I got it and I'm completely in love =)

After I got my phone I went to work a 7.5 hour shift. It wasn't terrible, but it was long, and I was doing my least favorite position so that just made it seem longer. By the time I got off, I had been awake for about 14 hours going off of about 5.5 hours of sleep; I was tired. I rested for a bit and had some homemade pizza (my favorite) and then got my birthday cake for the next day. Then once midnight came around my parents took me to a bar where I got my first drink as a legal of-age adult!

Once we got back I settled down real quick, I had to be up early again on Sunday to go back to Muncie so we could celebrate with my boyfriend as well. So we did, and we went out to lunch (where I got another adult drink!) and then back to my room for presents and cake. It was a lot of fun and so awesome to have everyone together. The sense of family and belonging was great.

I had a relaxing rest of the day. I've gotten much less sleep than I'm used to so it was nice to get lie down and hang out for a couple of hours. I got a lot of Happy Birthdays from my friends...and some from people I swear I haven't talked to in a couple of years! But that just made it feel more special =)

The only down part about my birthday? I HAVE YET TO BE CARDED FOR ORDERING ALCOHOL! I myself have ordered two drinks and was given them both without a second glance. This was in two different towns, too! The ironic part is when we were leaving the bar we saw a big sign that said WE CARD...and yet they didn't.

Like I said earlier, it was exactly what I wanted. I couldn't be more blessed for an amazing family and loving boyfriend, and friends who care for me still. Thank you to all.

There is no sound louder than love <3 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment