Thursday, April 12, 2012

More Words

There's a small instance, one that can easily be missed or passed over, where you realize that if you had changed just the *smallest* of actions, everything would be different.

My freshman year of high school we read a book about hunters traveling back in time to hunt dinosaurs, and they were warned not to step off the trail because it could completely change the future. In the end, one of the hunters stepped on a butterfly and changed the outcome of a political force.

In a less severe case, I've noticed that in my own life. It's not something I necessarily regret, because I'm extremely content with where I am in my life. However...it just makes you wonder if you're on the path that you're supposed to be on, or if you'll have to do some major backtracking just to find out the other has now been blocked off and nothing can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment