Monday, March 14, 2011

Nothing is the Same Anymore

Finding Yourself

Roaming free in the wild
I can see the importance
Of knowing who you are
Walking on an old path
You find memories
And ideas that were never seen
Grazing hills in curiosity
Feeling the wind on your shoulders
You know you’re not alone
Wandering along a shore
Hearing nature’s calls
You’re able to think
Doing what you do best
Knowing what has become of you
You finally find yourself
It’s easy to mistake freedom
For courage
For faith
For anything
Even captivity


My life is changing. I'm finally leaving an organization that has been my life for the past two years. I need to move on and move up with my life. I am going for a higher position tonight, and that could shape my life even more. It's a change I want to make--I'm willing to make. And if tonight doesn't work out, there are more positions still higher than where I was that I am looking at. My life is changing--nothing is guaranteed and it honestly frightens me.

However, I'm lucky to have friends, family, and a dear loved one by my side. They will continue to love me no matter what position I earn or what status I gain. I love my friends and family, but I am extremely happy that Zack had decided to join me on my journey here. He has been a big part of my life this past month by being a friend as well as anything I have needed emotionally. I'm very blessed, and I'm looking forward to continuing my journey with him by my side.


Depths of Distance

Look into my eyes
And get lost in them
Pools of crystal blind you
Take over your world the spell has been cast
You cannot look away

I look into your eyes
And lost myself in the depths
The brown orbs consume me
Take over all my will
The charm has worked
I cannot look away

Lost as we are in each other
A distance remains
Lies do not become us
For the truth is revealed
And the spell is broken
With the blink of an eye

No comments:

Post a Comment